Charlie Wilson's War

Discussion in 'Media Discussion' started by Aerjark, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Aerjark Guest

In-Game: Aerjark
    I thought it was an excellent movie, great acting, some really good history, alot of explanations of where the muslims got all there guns and training and Tom Hanks has always been one of my top 5 favorite actors but he is amazing in this movie.

what are your thoughts :chimba:
  2. Entaro
    Clan Elder
    U feel big now cause in real life i smack u like red headed step child son

Playing: Cyberpunk 2077
    Aye, this film was particularly well done. I have my own qualms about the commentary baggage of the information in relation to the AOG's (Mujahideen) being portrayed as heros & freedom fighters, but then given the context of the movie I suppose it was acceptable.

But as a cinematic film, definitely a looker.
    As a history lesson, your better off watching The Power of Nightmares.
  3. Aerjark Guest

well at the time they were considered the victims and America wanted to help so the CIA got them training and MASSIVE supplies of weapons (which they left over there when they were gone) so the muslims could defend themselves.

and then they throw the world back into conflict years later by bombing the twin towers, what the hell, it may sound harsh and all but honestly, America should have let the Soviets annhialate the muslims.
  4. Polydamas
    Snowhawk
    I;m drunk now, so I;ll probably regrey waht I say rtomottoew.

In-Game: Casur
    I think 'Taliban' is the more precise term, or Afghanis at a stretch. I don't think the Soviets were ambitious enough to try to take on the whole of Islam.
  5. Olcan
    Snowhawk
    --And this is what you get for disobeying me!

In-Game: Olcan
    Playing: Guild Wars 2, DayZ
    That country's called Muslim you ignorant prick!
  6. Entaro
    Clan Elder

I think your confusicating that with Arabania, ya foo!
  7. Entaro
    Clan Elder

Or was it Alahisiana...
  8. Aerjark Guest

ok sorry i called em muslims but I really have no love for them and almost all of them are islamic so calling them muslims is true, my cousin was almost killed over in Iran he's in the S.A.S

but ya the Afghanis and the Taliban should have whiped out awhile ago, you know what i say

LETS MAKE GLASS :blowup:

not being racist here, well a bit but hey
  9. Entaro
    Clan Elder

No not racist at all mate. I think thats more a hint of genocidist. :biggrin:
  10. Aerjark Guest

hmm, well thats not good lol

but hey, I am what I, and I am chatholic, so they are the enemies of my people, while I do think that there are some muslims who do care about america and do like them being over in the Middle East (like a certain muslim woman who was recently assassinated, god rest her soul) the majority of them would rather see the military hanged and executed and driven from their lands

I say all the troops should be pulled out of their and just let the country tear itself apart, and then the U.S should move back in, clean up, and divide the land evenly among all the countries who want/need oil, which any logically thinking person would know that is the real reason why the U.S is still over there

I love the U.S myself and if it was destroyed like all great powers usually fall, to barbarians (Rome, Constantinople,ect,ect), well the whole world will probably go back to the warring dark ages, only with guns.
  11. Polydamas
    Snowhawk
    I;m drunk now, so I;ll probably regrey waht I say rtomottoew.

In-Game: Casur
    Was he in one of the Irish Regiments before getting into the SAS, or is he British? (I'm guessing you weren't talking about the Scandinavian airline company :D ).
  12. Aerjark Guest

he's british on my mom's side

moms a brit and dads paddy

my aunts british and her sons my cousin, so there it is :D