Coming Attractions

Discussion in 'Media Discussion' started by Mendo, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Mendo
    Clan Elder
    Who is your daddy, and who does he work for?

In-Game: Mendrak
    Playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    Well since there's some movies that I don't really think need their own thread but could still be interested I'll start this catch-all thread :biggrin:

Chronicle - Kind of looks like a cross between Akira and Super 8.
  2. Entaro
    Clan Elder
    U feel big now cause in real life i smack u like red headed step child son

Playing: Cyberpunk 2077
    Got pretty good reviews, but I think it's only in the local theaters. I live about 1 mile away, and jog on this road. lol

3. Mendo
    Clan Elder

The Divide
  4. Draggon
    Scar Bearer

In-Game: SHC_Draggon
    Playing: WB (FI2/GK), W3, FG
  5. Mendo
    Clan Elder

ParaNorman. Very stylized stop motion, deserves a higher res and full screen :cool:
  6. Senta
    Snowhawk
    It's as satisfying to me as, uh, cumming!

In-Game: Senta
    Playing: waiting for TES Online
    i call BS on that. Entaro doesn't jog, he walks with dignity!
  7. Entaro
    Clan Elder
    U feel big now cause in real life i smack u like red headed step child son

Playing: Cyberpunk 2077
    Toche! lol
  8. Mendo
    Clan Elder

John Carter movie, this is an oooold story done by the same guy who created Tarzan, but he's a lot like Conan (if Conan were transported to Mars).

9. Draggon
    Scar Bearer

Fetih (Conquest) 1453
    When the Ottoman Turks took Constantinople.

There used to be some HD trailers up but they took 'em down. =/
  10. Slovis
    Scar Bearer
    Average Time Until Respec: 30 Minutes

In-Game: Slovis
    Playing: VR - ED - SWITCH
    I missed you posting this. Fawking awesome to see some old school stop animation done with new age style. I wish movies in general where not so dependent on live action, looks like some very cool shots in there.
  11. Wulfghard
    War Chief
    Watchu' Talkin Bout?

In-Game: Wulfghard
    We just saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie tonight. I highly recommend it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: As much as I liked the first one, this new one completely outperformed it, in my opinion. Moriarty is a much more compelling villain than Blackwood was. A Game of Shadows has plenty of scenes that are outright hilarious, also. Robert Downey and Jude Law are brilliant together. If any of you are planning on seeing a movie soon, go see Sherlock Holmes.
  12. Mendo
    Clan Elder

We also saw that one today, really good sequel. :thumbsup:
  13. Slovis
    Scar Bearer

Man, have had a couple friends say the same ... And it's mostly prejudices on my part, I just can't seem to grasp this current interpretation of Holmes, granted I don't really know what he was traditionally either. It just feels / looks so over the top from what I envisioned as a kid - I could very well essentially be wrong in my lore. But it just does not seem to settle well with me, is it like Holmes had a man baby with Bond?
  14. Mendo
    Clan Elder

I think it actually is more close to the books, he was like a bachelor crack addict in the books, so smart he was easily bored and did drugs. They cut that bit out of a lot of the tv/movies.
    I also like the slow/thinking cam stuff, shows how his mind is always racing 10 steps ahead and over-thinking everything.
  15. Slovis
    Scar Bearer

Hrm, maybe I should snag up some of the original stories then and then go hit up the movies. What I remember is likely from whatever TV series there was in the 80/90's.
  16. Mendo
    Clan Elder

If you ever watch House M.D. that character is very very closely modeled after Sherlock, House/Holmes Wilson/Watson, he lived in the same apartment #, does drugs when bored, obsessively solves mysteries, etc etc.
  17. Seabhac
    War Chief
    Mt. Seabass

Sweet I'll have to go to the movies and watch it, enjoyed the first one quite a bit. I would really like to see more of the older themes included from the different stories. If they do that then we could see at least two more movies.
  18. Mendo
    Clan Elder

We saw the Tintin movie the other day. The story was a bit boring, and they kept mixing a genuinely good adventure/mystery story with goofy kid-oriented burps in the face or such. But really throughout the animation was so amazing! If it weren't for their big heads you'd almost mistake it for being real. The environments, water, people, everything was just really really well done, definitely on a Pixar level of detail there. The character designs are also very cool. And I read when we got back that WETA Workshop were the ones who worked on it and apparently they've also helped Pixar do Up and Wall-E. So from a movie standpoint it's ok, a good movie but the effects really are amazing. And it's done by Stephen Spielberg so expect lots of nice cinematography shots and some very Indiana Jones reminiscent scenes.
  19. Draggon
    Scar Bearer

Definitely echo what's been previously said about the new Sherlock. Took a huge crew of 13 to go see that earlier today and it was just outright awesome. I had my doubts it would be as good as the first one but it delivered. A lot of funny parts but it also had the mystery elements as well as adventure and excitement all tied in.
  20. Mendo
    Clan Elder