Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Media Discussion' started by LordKeegs, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Entaro
    Clan Elder
    U feel big now cause in real life i smack u like red headed step child son

Playing: Kingdom Come Deliverance
    There was some foreshadowing in that episode.

Not really a spoiler (scene from last episode), but it might make a lightbulb go off if you'd rather be left in the dark.
    Show Spoiler

What do you think the squire is doing?
    [​IMG]
  2. Blaadirk
    Snowhawk
    Psycho-tron

In-Game: Blaadirk
    Playing: I have video game A.D.D.
    That episode stayed truer to the books than any other episode this season. Very good fight scene
  3. Eigeir
    Snowhawk

In-Game: Eigeir
    I love the details the put in like that. I too have HBO only for the duration of this show and then again next year. I hope GRRM finishes #6 soon, better if it gets published a few weeks before the season for it starts on HBO.

That was probably the best fight scene in the series.
  4. Eigeir
    Snowhawk

In-Game: Eigeir
    The Mountain was only stabbed in the guts, not the chest... because stabbing in the guts hurts more and it's a slower death.
  5. Yrega
    Snowhawk

In-Game: Yrega
    Playing: Conan Exiles
    Well, they are progressing at 2 seasons per book now, and will probably have to slow it down more as A Dance With Dragons is super complex. And they are what, on book 3 now? So 4 more years minimum not counting this one until Winds of Winter has to be out.
  6. Mendo
    Clan Elder
    Who is your daddy, and who does he work for?

In-Game: Mendrak
    Playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    I think this season is all in book 4 though isn't it? They've been going at a freaking breakneck speed though compared to the books either way.
  7. Mendo
    Clan Elder

Show Spoiler
    He ain't called the Viper of Dorne for nothing
  8. Yrega
    Snowhawk

Could be wrong but I dont think so. GRRM did do some freaky chronological shit end book 3, book 4, beginning book 5 though, so since the show is going along in order of time rather than in order of story told, we're really seeing shit from all over the place. Hard to tell.

I completely agree though, they are going too fast, I'd rather they slow down a little and have a little more storytelling at the expense of action.
  9. Entaro
    Clan Elder

They're already changing the storyline around a bit, and I think it is to suit their semi-alternate narrative / beat the books pace.

I don't ever remember Arya/Hound showing up to the Vale in the books. And she is announced to the Captain at the Bloody Gate as "Arya of House Stark" so its not like they're going to just let them turn around on their merry way. So that is uncharted territory. Also Sansa making herself known to everyone, is a divergence.

Show Spoiler
    I'm beginning to wonder if they think the Arya Blind Assassin storyline is too off-the-charts for TV and are working around it

Plus the White Walker King, etc...

I'm wondering if the wildling assault comes as the finale or the beginning of the next season.
  10. Mendo
    Clan Elder

Yeah I thought that was pretty odd since in the books neither has been revealed yet at all and that seems to be a pretty big upcoming plot point being Sansa is still incognito.
  11. Yrega
    Snowhawk

Bingo. And yeah, Arya never made it to the Vale. If I recall correctly (I really need to reread the books dammit), The Hound
    Show Spoiler
    died at Saltpans, I think where the Brave Companions took his gear/helmet and masqueraded about.
    Meanwhile Arya takes off and does other very important stuff.

@Entaro
    Show Spoiler
    Not sure on that. I really hope not as it's a MAJOR theme in the 5th book and would take heavy rewriting to get around it. I think they are going in that direction as they are clearly foreshadowing Cleganes fate and I think linking in some fragmenting of Arya's sanity. Not too much of a jump from here to have her take a ship to Bravos. Also worth noting is the Vale of Arryn is very close to, as in just down the road from, Saltpans.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  12. Mendo
    Clan Elder

Show Spoiler
    Did you read book 5? He's still alive and became a monk. But towards the end of the book he overheard that the Mountain was still alive and seems about to be ready to come out of hiding just to kill him.

Anyway I'm sure in the show Arya and him will be heading up that way for the whole town-raping thing soon, maybe that will be the cliffhanger, since I think it was for the book.

Show Spoiler
    I don't think Arya's sanity was in question at all really, she just has a dark sense of humor and thought it was hilarious the Hound had been dragging her around all this time and won't be getting shit for it. Also take a look at the Hound's deadpan-ness in that scene which leads credence to this. He's like -_-; and Arya's lol
  13. Yrega
    Snowhawk

You're making me wonder if my copy of A Dance W/ Dragons is complete...

Show Spoiler
    The copy I read had the Mountain succumb to Oberyns poisoned strike, Qyburn experimented on him and brought him back as an undead soldier. All "hinted" at of course, never said outright. Meanwhile The Hound is left at the tree by Arya in a fever from the infected wound. Later, the head monk at the monestary states that the Hound was buried and is at rest. I suppose this could translate to him recovering and taking a monkship.

Maybe I missed something. Maybe the copy I have was missing a couple pages. Dunno. Typically when GRRM hints that a character dies of is in danger of dying I assume they have until other hints point elsewhere. Fun to think about though.
  14. Mendo
    Clan Elder

Show Spoiler
    Yes the monk told them the Hound was dead but then clearly described someone lurking around them that had a horribly scarred face and I clearly remember something about him getting ready to leave or something once he heard the Mountain was seen in King's Landing. Remember the Mtn was completely covered with a helmet now that no one could see into and Bran was dreaming there was a huge knight that had nothing or a great blackness inside the helmet.
  15. Yrega
    Snowhawk

Ah yes admittedly I did forget that small detail, so it is possible. Agreed on the Mtn comment. The above was just my interpretation of all that.
  16. Draggon
    Scar Bearer

In-Game: SHC_Draggon
    Playing: WB (FI2/GK), W3, FG
    Awesome battle in this last episode.
  17. Yrega
    Snowhawk

Honestly, it disappointed me bigtime. They lost the scope of it all IMO. And too many details changed.
  18. Entaro
    Clan Elder

I loved the bro-nod the kid gives John Snow after he kills his girlfriend. lol

Was a pretty cool episode, but I totally agree with the scale of the events feeling off, though I did hear it was their most expensive episode yet, I believe it. That was only the opening part of the battle though, I am wondering if they will continue on in the next episode
    Show Spoiler
    when Stanis arrives and railroads them
  19. Mendo
    Clan Elder

Show Spoiler
    Yeah it seemed super small time, I remember a lot more wildlings coming at the wall from the North and that tunnel battle having more than just one giant in it.

And didn't Snow only talk to Rancer after Stannis arrived? And hadn't Snow met Rancer when he was beyond the wall and talked with him at length? I don't think they had that part in the show at all.
  20. Entaro
    Clan Elder

Show Spoiler
    He meets him in Season 3 in their camp, so they know eachother.