Hello

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blitzhammer, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Blitzhammer Guest

In-Game: Uncertain as of yet
    Hello all!

Oh and just to cover Sturm's comment about saying hello I'm reading the stories, I am, and I have read most of Howard's stories already. Never hurts to go back and read them again.
  2. Nabahr
    Snowhawk
    CAll me Amarisa the maid.... OMG! FUCKING BEES!

In-Game: Cormack
    Playing: Heroes of Newerth & Battlefield 3
    Umm yea, hello there, welcome to the forums! :eek:
  3. Draztic Guest
    Danish Canuck

In-Game: Reidar
    Hi Blitz, welcome to our forums. :D
  4. Polydamas
    Snowhawk
    I;m drunk now, so I;ll probably regrey waht I say rtomottoew.

In-Game: Casur
    Hey Blitz, welcome to the forums :beer5:
  5. Blitzhammer Guest

Thanks, I read in here to say hello and chat a bit so you get to know me... I'll cut to the chase, what is it you would like to know?

I'll start with a few questions of my own...

1. Understanding the lore and how it should be according to Howard's stories. How do you all plan to deal with the rest of the world while you play...that care little for the lore? (granted, I think the lore is important... I'm refering to thos idiots whom consider RP as playing the part of some Midevil Knight in the world of Conan).

2. Do you concern yourselves much with the PvP aspect of the game?
  6. Hynu Guest
    Jane Austin is my favorite author...

In-Game: Hynu
    EDIT (I shoulda started with): Welcome to our forums!

We are an RP-Lite - PvP guild. We will be playing on an RP-PvP realm. How do we deal with poeple who get on our nerves? You've read Howard right? Then you don't need this answering ;)
  7. Blitzhammer Guest

point well made. lol
  8. Meadhbh Guest
    Raising the hawt redhead quotient since Jul 03, 2007

In-Game: Meadhbh
    Hmm, tell me why you have chosen a Dark Templar?
  9. Almuric Guest
    Oh snap! Your sig is bigger than mine?!?!? /editproflie

In-Game: Almuric Contarpulation is my game
    Welcome to our forums, Blitz!
  10. Olcan
    Snowhawk
    --And this is what you get for disobeying me!

In-Game: Olcan
    Playing: Guild Wars 2, DayZ
    Sup Blitz!
  11. LordKeegs
    Snowhawk
    I don't roll on Shabbos

In-Game: Curr
    Hello Blitzhammer!

Welcome to our forums.
  12. Werrick Guest

In-Game: Aodaghan
    Heya, Blitz, welcome!
  13. Sturmrabe Guest

HELLO! Its always heartening to see ppl who read stickies!
  14. LordKeegs
    Snowhawk
    I don't roll on Shabbos

In-Game: Curr
    Amen!
  15. Chimba
    Snowhawk
    Have you seen my prick?

In-Game: Eric Nord
    Playing: ESO
    welkom t our forums blitz :chimba: :chimba:
  16. Blitzhammer Guest

Hello again... Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was good (for those that celebrate it) and for the rest of you I hope there was no shortage of beer.

Hmmm, I see a question...

Meadhbh - I chose the Dark Templar (for now anyway) just because it fits into my comfort zone of the usual type of class I prefer to play. No really deep reason behind it actually and it is tentative until I get my taste of the game first hand.

And thanks to all for the warm welcome. I am a firm believer in reading the stickies before shoving me foot in my mouth. Can't promise I'll remember what I read (ADD ya know) but I try. I suppose I should say I will attempt to avoid putting myself in-line with a boot in the ass.

It seems people veiw this guild as the Lore experts... and from the little poking around I have done, I would mostly agree with that line of thought. I must say, Amra's web site is pretty cool, but unfortunetly can't seem to get to it at the moment.

I will also have to admit, I did like the 1st Conan movie! The stories are much better, but I'd still watch the first movie. The second one was just pathetic though. Ok, got that out of the way.

I noticed that the recruiting is closed for now, or atleast read that someplace. So, instead of posting a formal application just yet. I would like to ask permission to use this as a partial app, until the time comes that recruiting is open and just take up the formalities at that time.
  17. Nabahr
    Snowhawk

Recruiting is not closed (yet). It's SEMI-closed. You have to read at least 4 of the REH stories.

It's in the sicky, here

18. Blitzhammer Guest

Admitedly, the first time I saw the movies, I had no clue about the actual Conan lore. After seeing Arnold play the part of Conan, any further attempts at Conan to include the shabby weekly series that I had unfortunetly veiwed (insert vomit and dry heaving) left me looking for more. I'm a newb when it comes to knowing all that is Hyboria and the Conan world, but I'm learning more each day.

At one time I used to collect the Conan comic books. I still have a couple that I bagged and borded for safe keeping. I'll have to dig them out of storage to see which ones they are though.

Thanks Nabahr for pointing that out... I have read all those, although I need to re-read Beyond the Black River because I don't remember that one. My favorite is still The Frost Giants Daughter so far. If you all would like to start asking me questions, I'll do my best to answer them, and do my homework on the stories.

<disclaimer> I will appologise upfront if I don't get back to answering questions right away. It's an unfortunet side effect of having work/family and many beers to drink. Especially this time of year I don't get to spend much time in front of the computer. lol
  19. Nabahr
    Snowhawk

No problem ... take your time, re-read the stories and if you feel ready (for the lore quiz), write an application, it's that easy! ;)

Oh and don't forget to impress us, especially the elders, otherwise they wont headbang :D
  20. Blitzhammer Guest

I love the fact you have links to them all, that was great. I changed my mind on going for the quiz. I keep jumping from one side of the fence to the other on joining or attempting to join any guild. I'm sure you all will be a great group to hang out with in game, but I have yet to meet even a small portion of your clan. So before I commit to anything, I think I'd like to meet some more of you first. No need to rush into things.

(RP-Lite)
    "I have taken a step forward, so, where's the rest of you? Hiding in the dark like scarred rabbits? Come out and sit by the fire, I promise not to bite."
    (/RP-Lite)

Im sure many are busy and might not check the site often, but as long as I don't over stay my welcome with you all. I'll just hang out and get to know you guys better. But still, if you have any questions feel free to ask.