What are you listening to right now?

Discussion in 'Media Discussion' started by Nabahr, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Wallace
    Snowhawk

In-Game: Wallace
    Playing: Conan Exiles
  2. Wallace
    Snowhawk

In-Game: Wallace
    Playing: Conan Exiles
    Going to see these guys on Saturday:

3. Hakon
    War Chief

In-Game: Hakon
    Playing: Planetside 2
    I didn't think to post anything when I heard the news a few days ago, but can't let it pass unmarked, Chris Cornell was found dead in his hotel last Thursday. He was legendary fronting both Sound Garden and Audioslave. Take a moment to listen to one of the greatest singers to ever front a rock band:

4. Mendo
    Clan Elder
    Who is your daddy, and who does he work for?

In-Game: Mendrak
    Playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    Right in the middle of a tour too...
  5. Vingnir
    Clan Elder
    Dead horse-beater...

In-Game: Ving/Vingnir
    Playing: Crusader Kings II
  6. Slovis
    Scar Bearer
    Average Time Until Respec: 30 Minutes

In-Game: Slovis
    Playing: VR - ED - SWITCH

Been streaming this station in the backround last few days. Nice chill, laid back tracks / music.

So the other night, while listening, I seriously start to feel real weird. Like strait up the first 20 minutes of when LSD starts to kick in. Nothing visual but insanely odd body sensations and really, really light headed. If I moved it felt like my body was strobing. I had no idea what was going on. Turned off the music and w/in like 2 minutes felt normal again. Never experienced it, but I guess for the first time Binaural Beats really effected me.
  7. Hakon
    War Chief

8. Seabhac
    War Chief
    Mt. Seabass

9. Seabhac
    War Chief
    Mt. Seabass

10. Seabhac
    War Chief
    Mt. Seabass

11. Corumir
    Snowhawk

In-Game: Corumir
    Playing: AoC, D3, D2, PoE
    It's the full score meaning it has all the music, even things like the pit fights, tavern music and the raid the tower of Set and kill the huge snake music.

AND I am still bummed about Chris Cornell (I scrolled past posts about him). Of all the big grunge bands, Soundgarden was my favorite and his death made me truly sad.

1380210742_basil-poledouris-conan-the-barbarian-30th-anniversary-edition-20121.jpg

12. Entaro
    Clan Elder
    U feel big now cause in real life i smack u like red headed step child son

Playing: Borderlands 3
  13. Seabhac
    War Chief
    Mt. Seabass

14. Wulfghard
    War Chief
    Watchu' Talkin Bout?

In-Game: Wulfghard
    One of my favorites. Probably a pretty striking commentary on the current state of our society. Maybe even more so now than when it was written.
  15. Hakon
    War Chief

Just realized Carpenter Brut released a live album of most of his best stuff, fucking amazing to here songs like turbo killer and roller mobster with the Bass as an actual guitarist and with a drummer instead of a drum machine. Feels way more 'alive' than the studio stuff even if I like that too I think I might like this more.

link

the maniac cover I posted earlier in this thread is a good taste of what these guys sound like on stage:

16. Seabhac
    War Chief
    Mt. Seabass

17. Slovis
    Scar Bearer

little OT for this thread, but I think it works.

I've been REALLY critical of rap / hip hop growing up. Sparing a long thread, I've managed to find a niche in almost any genre that I can appreciate / enjoy on various levels. I have a handful of rap artist that are a regular in my music list now, MF Doom being one of them.

I came across the following video and after watching it, gathered a deeper insight into lyric construction then I would have been able to build on my own. Maybe it grabbed me so much because I happen to like one of the artist they base it around ... I found it seriously interesting and it changed how I listen to rap now.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  18. Seabhac
    War Chief
    Mt. Seabass

@Slovis MF Doom is pretty damn good, has done a lot under many names. Funny you posted Rap Snitch Knishes as the instrumental track is set as my ringtone. If you haven't listened to Blackalicious/Gift of Gab I would recommend, Atmosphere is good also and Busdriver but he is a lil on the free form/spoken word end of things.

19. Slovis
    Scar Bearer

@Seabhac

Atmosphere & Busdriver are on that list too :) I'll have to check out Gift of Gab

Love Jurassic 5 as well

20. Seabhac
    War Chief
    Mt. Seabass

oh yeah man J5 is some good chill beats, Chali2na is producing his own stuff these days which still carry the summer time good vibes.